You are never too young or old to learn Taekwondo! Our goal is to provide a fun, positive learning environment to assist in the development of good habits such as following directions, paying attention, self-control, discipline, respect for self and others, and teamwork. We establish discipline and respect through the constant practice of the 5 Tenets of Taekwondo:
We practice attention (standing perfectly upright and still while listening to the instructor) and respect (Bowing at the beginning/end of every class and when we enter/leave the facility) We enforce the use of "Sir" and "Ma'am" towards people of ALL ages.
We build confidence and character by teaching our students that they have control over their body and the ability to stand up to negative peer pressure and intimidation.
The movements practiced in our classes develop coordination and increase strength and flexibility, which is especially important during the early years.
Some benefits of Taekwondo include:
Our students will earn a colored belt for properly learning the required materials. This gives a sense of accomplishment and an understanding that they can achieve any goal that they set their mind to.
Our class places a strong emphasis on self-defense. We are careful to teach our students that the techniques learned are not to be used outside of class except for situations involving true self-defense. Our aim is to create a self-confident individual, who does not need to show off or bully others.
Most importantly, Taekwondo is fun! We will make new friends and enjoy ourselves while burning off some extra energy.
Interested in private martial art lessons? We can help with that!
Inquire below to setup a consultation.
I will show Courtesy towards others,
Hold Integrity in my heart,
Maintain Perseverance in my mind,
Practice Self-Control in my actions,
And fearlessly pursue righteous goals with an Indomitable Spirit.
1. Arrive to class on-time. Students more than 5 minutes late will be required to perform pushups.
2. NO FOOD IN THE DOJANG! Please do not chew gum or eat in the dojang. Beverages are allowed only in the hall.
3. Respond to ALL students and instructors with "Ma'am" or "Sir”.
4. All students must bow before entering and leaving the dojang. This is to show respect for the place where we build our character and strength.
5. Rowdy behavior, foul language, and bullying etc. will not be tolerated in the school. Students may risk rank demotion, suspension or expulsion.
6. Students must wear a uniform and must be kept clean and neat at all times. T-shirts are permissible (instead of the uniform top), but must have the Martial Fitness Taekwondo logo.
7. No dangling jewelry such as earrings or necklaces are allowed during class.
8. All students are expected to be considerate and well-behaved. Adult students are expected to set a good example to junior students. Advanced students are expected to set a good example to new students and to help such students whenever necessary.
9. Do not wear outside shoes in the dojang. Only certain approved footwear is allowed.
10. All sparring gear not purchased from Martial Fitness Taekwondo must be approved by the Instructor.
Please arrive to class on time! Students who arrive after the start of class will be required to perform pushups.
Practicing at Home:
Practicing at home is vital for the student to progress in martial arts training. 80% of what a person learns is directly attributed to the amount of time a student spends taking what they learned in class and practicing it at home. All you need is a little space and as little as 15 minutes a day. Not having enough space or time is no excuse not to practice. Some of the activities, such as stretching and balancing, can be done while you are wasting your time watching TV! The best time to practice would be before dinner or as a study break from homework. Remember the saying, "Practice makes Perfect." If you are not sure about any of these activities please ask your instructor. Practice takes discipline and in order for it to be effective, you must develop a habit of practicing. Start today and monitor your progress for 21 days straight, by then you should have developed a habit of practicing.
All students are required to keep a binder/folder containing their curriculum checklist and any notes they wish to take.
Sparring and Protective Equipment:
Due to mandatory insurance regulations, all protective padding, helmet, gloves, shin guards, chest protector, groin protection (for males), and mouth guard are required. All sparring gear can be purchased from Martial Fitness Taekwondo at a wholesale rate through Century Martial Arts or Hayabusa Fight. Any sparring gear not purchased through Martial Fitness Taekwondo must first be approved the instructor. All sparring activities must be supervised by an adult Black Belt.
EVERY DAY IS TEST DAY! Once the student has completed their curriculum checklist, they are ready to schedule a promotion. On the day of promotion, the student will demonstrate their newly learned skills. Promotional fees are $10 and must be paid for and scheduled in advance to ensure your belt is ordered and arrives on time.
Students should provide the instructor with their email to receive invoices. All tuition payments are due no later than the 5th of the month and can be paid online, cash, or check. All checks must be written out to “Martial Fitness”. Students who earn their Black Belt through Martial Fitness Taekwondo are eligible for 50% reduction in their tuition costs. YOU’VE EARNED IT!
A white or black student uniform is included when the new student passes their initiation requirements. Students are required to submit an order form with their uniform size and color preference. Any additional uniforms must be purchased separately. Uniforms must always be clean, odor free, and pressed before each class attended. Martial Fitness Taekwondo T-shirts are allowed instead of the uniform top during the summer months.
The school is typically closed for most major Holidays. Please check with the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center for all holiday closures.